Your Postpartum Pelvic Floor and Core; A Class to Begin to Reconnect in Early Days Sept 29, 2021
New moms have questions!
- "When and how much can I lift?"
- "When can I return to activity?"
- "The doctor says I'm fine, but...."
- "I'm still having pain"
- "I'm leaking..kind of...but that's normal, right??"
We'll have some answers for you on September 29, 2021 6:30-8:30 PM!
This class is about helping new postpartum parents begin to reconnect to their core and pelvic floor. When is it too soon to begin to think about postpartum health and care? We would like our new parents to rest and recover, but we also want you to be supported and not worrying about if what you are experiencing is "normal", if you are doing too much, or not doing enough!
- It is intended for you in those early days when you have questions about what is ok and what is not.
- It is intended to help when you are not quite sure about what you can begin to do to bring the pelvic floor back "online" and to assist with support.
- It is to assist with posture, support, and techniques to help as you lift and carry your newborn (and perhaps try to keep up with other children!)
- It is to assist with beginning to suppport the pelvic floor and core as you heal and recover postpartum; yes, we will talk about Diastasis!
- It is intended to provide basic information for pelvic health with peeing, poopng, and addressing questions about prolapse (note: We are NOT treating, but these techniques will help to protect and support)
This is not an exercise class, but will assist you in beginning to resume activities with confidence after your baby is born. You will receive a recording after the class with the techniques that we learn and practice.
Who should attend? New parents who would like to learn to begin to protect and support in the early days after delivery. We believe that new birth parents benefit from rest, but we also know that you are busy and ready to resume activity with confidence...this class is for you! We would like for new parents to be at least 2 weeks postpartum, but because you receive a recording, it is your choice if you attend sooner. We ask that you take good care of you!
This class will be held in person or attend virtually (from Wherever you are! ). The exercise portion of this class will be recorded and registrants will receive access to the recording.
If you have questions about if you should attend this class, please email email@example.com
Attendees receive a $20 discount (valid for 4 months after the class) on their next appointment at Embody Physiotherapy